Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Winter Sun on the Southern Outer Banks

We're almost at the shortest day of the year, and we're still basking in warm temperatures. Today along North Carolina's Southern Outer Banks temperatures approached seventy degrees Fahrenheit.

It was amazing relaxing out on our deck out in the sun this afternoon. Late fall and early winter is one of my favorite times to take photos the light seems to have a golden color to it. Looking out over the pool for our subdivision towards the White Oak River, I am wondering how long it will take the sun to get to the point that is setting just opposite Raymond's Gut which runs over to the river from the subdivision Now that will be some photos worth taking.

As I'm typing, I'm listening the Jay Leno's monologue. He just mentioned the latest trend being sending family DVDs instead of family newsletters this year. I don't think I would jump on board with that trend, but I had just published 'The magical tools of our digital world" whi which talks about how powerful Apple iLife tools are for creating memories on a DVD.

It is pretty amazing the tools we have today to build memories. Our little virtual worlds touch many people, I think we'll see a continuing refinement of online communities. Maybe sharing the warmth of a late winter day will one day be as easy as pointing your video conferencing camera out the window. I'll have to get back into video conferencing, maybe the tools have matured to the point that Macs can communicate with PCs.

1 comment:

Evan said...

you couldnt be more right, the outer banks in the winter time is one of my favorite places in the world.